Why Join Denplan
When you join Denplan the cost of your regular appointments are spread throughout the year so you don’t have to pay at each visit. In fact the cost works out at just a few affordable pence per day. This means we can help you to achieve and maintain good oral health within an affordable monthly budget.
How do I join?
You simply need to see your dentist, hygienist or ask any member of the team, to see whether the plan is right for you, and then complete the application and Direct Debit mandate form which is availiable from the practice. There is a once only administration joining fee that will be added to your first monthly Direct Debit. After that there are no extra payments, just your agreed monthly amount to cover all your benefits.
What is covered?
The payment covers most items of treatment received at this dental practice. Included in this payment is:
- Emergency out of hours call-out fees.
- Emergency treatment necessary when away from the surgery, i.e. on holiday, away at work etc. Help is also provided to find a dentist to provide this treatment in the location of the patient.
- Free accident cover involving damage to the teeth.
- Oral cancer insurance cover.
Not included in this payment:
- Laboratory fees for crowns, dentures, mouthguards
- Certain items of treatment such as bleaching, snoreguards,etc.
- Treatment provided on referral, i.e. specialist care such as oral surgery, endodontic treatment, etc
How much does it cost?
The monthly fee depends on the level of dental care you require. Patients in band A require the least amount about time, while patients in band E require a more intensive level of care.
The monthly fee for each band is:
Band A = £21.00
Band B = £28.35
Band C = £32.60
Band D = £36.83
Band E = £43.82
World wide Accident and Emergency Dental Insurance*
As a member of Portman Care Plan you will be registered with your dentist’s accident and emergency insurance as shown bulleted bottom.
- Treatment following accidents
- Emergency treatment at another practice (whilst more than 50 miles away – i.e. on holiday)
- Oral cancer cover (if diagnosed – lump sum of £2,500)
These are subject to your practice being able to recover the cost of such treatment under the
terms of the insurance policy it has taken for this purpose. A full copy wording of this policy is available
and will be given to you with your completed application. The insurance is arranged through Lloyd &
Whyte Ltd. who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
Is my personal information safe when I join your Plan?
Your personal details will be only be passed to the company underwriting your dentist’s
accident and emergency insurance cover in case your dentist needs to make a claim for
treatment covered under his/her policy cover.